At the heart of the Melrose on the Beach is the 18-hole, 7,081 yard, par 72, Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course. The golf course features fantastic finishing holes along the Atlantic Ocean with views of Hilton Head Island’s Harbor Town Lighthouse across the sound.
The golf clubhouse which will be renovated is 14,724 square feet and includes the restaurant and lounge, the Signature Pro Shop , men’s and women’s locker rooms as well as the administrative offices.
“I remember saying back in the mid-eighties when I first saw the Melrose property that this site was an uncut jewel. It was a gorgeous piece of property. It was similar in ways to Kiawah and HarbourTown, but the land was higher and perhaps had more variety. There’s oceanfront, salt and fresh marsh, live oaks, mature pines, magnolias and other hardwoods.
All we had to do was set a golf course in there, and the end result was a design that tested the better players but was playable and enjoyable for all golfers. Most of all, we think we gave players a memorable experience.”
- Jack Nicklaus
Schedule a Tee Time
Call the Melrose Pro Shop at (843)-422- 6963. Pro Shop Hours of Operation are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, seven days a week (weather permitting). Check the board outside the Pro Shop or call (843)422-6963 to check closings related to weather.
March through October Pro Shop hours are 8 am to 4 pm.
Melrose Daily Golf Rates 2015 (subject to change )
May – September $64
Rate includes: Green Fee, Cart, Range Balls, Land Transportation
Ferry Transportation to Daufuskie (subject to change )
Melrose Golf Club has arrangements with Harbourtown Adventures for charter water taxi service for golfers. Follow these steps to make your water taxi arrangements:
- Make your tee time to play Melrose Golf Club by calling (843)422-6963.
- Call Harbourtown Adventures (office hours 10 am to 4 pm) to make your water taxi reservation from Hilton Head to Daufuskie. The number is (843)-671-4386. Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance and require a minimum of two players. Upon arrival to Daufuskie, a member of the Melrose golf staff will meet you and transport you to the golf course. The water taxi ride from Hilton Head to Daufuskie Island is approximately 15 minutes. The water taxi fees (below) are paid directly to Harbourtown Adventures at their Charter Office located next to the Harbourtown Lighthouse:
- 2 to 3 People $45 per person
- 4 People $35 per person
- 5 to 7 People $30 per person
- 8 + People $25 per person
A credit card will be required in order to book your water taxi reservations. Call Harbourtown Adventures for cancellation information.
Additional Course Information
- Walking is permitted. A cart fee of $25 will be deducted from the golf rate.
- Personal golf carts are not allowed on the golf course at any time.
- Pull carts are available in limited quantity at $10 per cart.
- Rental clubs are available at $20 per set per day
Men’s right-handed, men’s left-handed, and ladies’ right-handed clubs are available.
- Food and Beverage
The Melrose Beach Club offers a full service menu with indoor and outdoor seating as well as full bar service with wide screen TV. With panoramic views of Harbourtown, South Beach on Hilton Head, the Calibogue Sound, and stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, the Beach Club at Melrose provides an opportunity for you to stop at the turn or finish your round with traditional favorites prepared by Chef George. When making your tee time, be sure to ask about seasonal hours and days of operation for the Beach Club.
In addition to the Melrose Beach Club the Golf Shop offers soft drinks, beer, and snacks at the turn.
- Driving Range
Hours: 7:45 am to dusk
Complimentary range balls on day of play
Range usage is $5 per person per day with unlimited range balls
- Slope and Ratings
Tees Yardage Slope Rating
Gold Tees 7,081 74.2 140
Blue Tees 6,688 72.3 135
White Tees 6,245 71 129
Red Tees 5,575 73 131
Thank you for visiting Melrose on the Beach. During renovations our golf course and Beach Club Restaurant and Bar are open. To learn more or to make reservations for our Jack Nicklaus Golf Course, or Beach Club Restaurant and Bar, please contact us.